Top 5 Benefits of Cone Beam CT ScansWednesday, June 12th, 2013, 1:37 pm
If you have ever been to the dentist before, you’ve likely had an x-ray done . However, these images are flat and two-dimensional, and have their limitations. While they’re effective in detecting certain issues in the mouth, like cavities, certain dental issues require something more in-depth and precise. Cone Beam CT Technology is an innovative solution to the limitations posed by more traditional x-ray methods, but what exactly is it?
A Cone Beam CT scan provides a digital, three-dimensional view of what lies beneath the teeth and gums. It offers the dentist or dental surgeon a detailed look at critical structures in the mouth, like teeth roots, existing implants, nerves, sinus cavities, and more. It’s especially effective in cases of dental surgery or implant planning, as it helps dentists clearly visualize bone anatomy and other necessary factors. So what are some of the patient-side benefits of Cone Beam CT Technology?
Top 5 Benefits of Cone Beam CT Scans:
- Can discriminate between different types of tissue. A major limitation of traditional x-rays is the inability to differentiate between the many different types of tissue in the mouth — like bone, nerves, soft tissue, and teeth. Cone Beam CT scans fix this problem, allowing dentists to gain a more accurate image of your mouth.
- Reduces surgical risks. Cone Beam CT scans allows dentists to accurately and precisely create a surgical or treatment plan for you. This helps to avoid any complications that may arise.
- Accurate imaging. Considered the gold standard in three-dimensional imaging, Cone Beam CT technology provides both dentists and patients with accurate, high-resolution images. Since they’re based on one’s true measurements, magnification errors can be avoided.
- Can identify a wide range of conditions. Infections, tumors, cysts and more can all be identified through the use of a Cone Beam CT scan, making it an effective tool in the detection and treatment of irregularities in the mouth.
- Quick and non-invasive. A Cone Beam CT scan can be completed in just seconds, thereby reducing your exposure to radiation. They’re also non-invasive, allowing patients to undergo the scan without discomfort.
Cone Beam CT Scans in Toccoa
If you’re ready to learn more about Cone Beam CT technology, contact us today and schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Toccoa, GA, and we can be reached at 706-886-9439. We look forward to serving you.
Tags: Cone Beam CT
Category: Cone Beam CT Technology