Cosmetic Dentistry: An IntroductionTuesday, June 17th, 2014, 8:13 pm
While the health of your teeth and gums are the first priority, cosmetic dentistry procedures are designed to improve the aesthetic vale of your smile. There are a variety of cosmetic treatments available today, depending on your needs and wishes, that can boost your confidence and give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Veneers. Veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are fit and bonded to existing teeth to make them more attractive. There are two types of veneers: composite and porcelain.
- Tooth Re-shaping/Re-contouring. This technique fixes teeth that are different lengths, or those that have become rough or uneven over time. A small portion of the tooth is shaved off, creating a more uniform appearance within the mouth.
- Bonding. Dental bonding is a special tooth-colored plastic filling that can restore and reshape the teeth. Your dentist will sculpt and mold the filling to the desired shape of the tooth. Dental bonding usually lasts up to a decade.
- Teeth Whitening. The most convenient and common cosmetic procedure, teeth whitening involves a bleaching gel that removes stains from teeth that come with daily use and age. Whitening can either be performed in-office or with a special at-home kit. Teeth whitening will not work on veneers or crowns.
- Dental Crowns. A dental crown restores a broken or cracked tooth to its original shape and size. Crowns also improve the function of a tooth, and there are different types of that serve different purposes and meet specific needs.
Dental Care in Toccoa
If you’re ready to learn more about cosmetic dentistry procedures, contact us today and schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Toccoa, GA, and we can be reached at 706-886-9439. We look forward to serving you.