Mercury Toxicity in Dental FillingsSaturday, March 2nd, 2013, 9:02 pm
But what happens when the dentist drills out those old fillings? Is it dangerous to the patient or the dentist during removal?
At Wilbanks Smile Center patients don’t have to worry about the removal process. We use the Isolite System to protect our patients. The Isolite System is a wonderful device that not only provides working light in the mouth (always a good thing), it constantly suctions away debris and vapors while simultaneously isolating the area being worked on. No stray amalgam bits can fly into the back of the mouth!
Protecting our patients is vitally important but we also believe in protecting the environment. Because mercury is a neurotoxin it is vitally important that we keep it from entering our water supply. Wilbanks Smile Center has invested in state-of-the-art technology that captures waste dental amalgam for special disposal.
Many countries around the world have banned or limited the use of dental amalgam. Unfortunately in the United States the material is still in use for economic reasons – it is a cheap and easy to use filling material for dentists. Wilbanks Smile Center does not use dental amalgam to restore teeth. There are so many materials today that are so much better aesthetically and functionally.
Find out more about improving the health and beauty of your smile by getting rid of those ugly black mercury fillings by contacting Wilbanks Smile Center today at 706-886-9439.
Category: Mercury Free Dentistry