Give Thanks For Your SmileWednesday, November 21st, 2012, 4:42 pm
- Turkey contains phosphorous which works with vitamin D and calcium to build healthy bones and teeth
- Stuffing is not so great because it is mushy and can stick to teeth. The carbohydrates are food for oral bacteria.
- Mashed potatoes usually contain milk which is good for teeth but just like stuffing, these are mushy carbs that stick to teeth
- Cranberry sauce is a toss up. Cranberries are actually great for your teeth. They have been proven to prevent bacteria from sticking to teeth and interrupts the process that helps the bacteria form plaque. What’s the problem? Most cranberry sauce is made with tons of sugar to offset the tart cranberries.
- Pumpkin pie contains lots of sugar and just like most comfort foods is a mushy mess of carbohydrates.
Enjoy your feast with friends and family! Just remember to rinse your mouth with water after dinner and don’t forget to brush before bed. Your waistline may still be affected by your Thanksgiving feast but your smile will come through the day just fine.
Because we are in the final weeks of 2012 we are experiencing a high volume of calls as patients try to use their insurance benefits before year end. Please don’t wait – contact Wilbanks Smile Center in Toccoa, GA today at 706-886-9439 to schedule your visit.