Eat The Food You Loved To Eat Again!
While regular brushing, flossing and dental checkups allow many of us to maintain our natural smile, sometimes our teeth just can’t keep up. If you’re missing teeth, dental implants are a great way to replace them and provide a fixed solution to removable dentures. With today’s dental implants we are now able to offer natural looking replacement teeth that are fixed in the jaw. Implant treatment provides us with the option to correct the most troublesome cases associated with missing teeth and poorly fitting dentures. If you’re missing one or even all of your teeth, we believe that dental implants can help you rediscover the comfort and confidence to eat, speak, laugh and enjoy life.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth rootmade of titanium that is surgically placed into the jaw bone and used to support tooth replacement structures such as crowns, bridges and dentures. While the implant mimics the root of the tooth, the replacement structure looks and feels just like a natural tooth, providing you with a permanent solution for missing teeth that replicates the fit and feel of natural teeth. Because dental implants are considered to be the most modern and successful restorative treatment option available in dentistry today, they offer many benefits over other tooth replacement methods.
- Enhanced Esthetics: Implants are placed within the gums. The crowns that are attached to them emerge in a manner similar to a natural tooth. This offers a more realistic and natural look compared to other alternatives.
- Reduction of Bone Resorption: When a tooth is lost, the supporting bone structure gradually recedes over time. Dental implants integrate with the jaw bone and stimulate its preservation, allowing the bone to stay healthy and intact while maintaining your natural facial contours and appearance.
- Preservation of Adjacent Teeth: Other methods like fixed bridges must be anchored to adjacent teeth, unnecessarily sacrificing the quality and health of the surrounding teeth. Dental implants are independent and don’t rely on the support of other teeth, thus providing the ability to preserve your good teeth.
- Eat Better: As the jawbone shrinks, your chewing efficiency is reduced making it difficult to eat certain foods. Dental implants can restore chewing efficiency comparable to that of natural teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without discomfort.
- Comfort & Convenience: Dental implants can eliminate the numerous inconveniences and maintenance required with removable dentures. You can regain nearly all the capabilities associated with natural teeth, giving you renewed self confidence and improved self esteem.
The Dental Implant Procedure
All treatment begins with a thorough exam and consultation. Typically, the process can take from three to six months. In some cases, the process may take longer because additional treatments, such as bone grafting, may be required to build up the bone in order to receive the implant. The procedure and timeframe chosen depends on several factors; your dental health, the condition and quality of your jaw bone, and the number of your teeth involved. We will discuss all appropriate treatment options and recommendations with you in order to customize the best plan possible for your individual requirements and goals.
Implant restorations in our office usually involve two steps. First, one or more implants are precisely placed into the jaw bone to mirror the location of the root of your missing natural tooth. After appropriate healing time has taken place, to allow for the implant to fuse within the bone, we will then take impressions of your teeth and bite in order to custom fabricate a connector post (abutment) and crown. The abutment and crown are then attached to the implant, completing the process. Once treatment is complete, your results will look and feel completely natural and can last a lifetime.
Other Dental Implant Options
A totally fixed case may not be the procedure of choice for you. Implant dentistry can still provide you with a host of options such as implant-supported removable dentures. With this approach, fewer implants are involved and the denture snaps into the implants. This is a cost effective and successful choice for patients missing all of their teeth, or for those unhappy with the fit of their current dentures.
More About Dental Implants
Why Choose Dental Implants?
Some of the reasons Dr. Joe Wilbanks may recommend dental implants include:
- Permanent tooth replacement option
- Restore ability to eat and speak
- Eliminate gaps in the smile
- Save bone tissue
- Avoid dental appliances
- Boost self-confidence
Do You Have Missing Teeth? Get the Treatment You Deserve!
Many adults have lost at least one of their natural teeth by middle age but are good candidates for a tooth replacement procedure like dental implants. A dental implant will restore your smile and preserve the jaw bone.
Many dentists, including Dr. Wilbanks, now recommend dental implants for tooth replacement over dentures and fixed bridges. Traditional tooth replacement procedures rest on the gums or require grinding down otherwise healthy teeth. Dental implants are placed directly into the jaw bone and have a high success rate.
The majority of adults who have reached middle age have lost at least one tooth to tooth decay, gum disease, or trauma, while some end up losing all of their teeth throughout the course of their lives. If you have missing teeth, talk to Dr. Wilbanks about tooth replacement procedures like dental implants, which can restore your smile. Today’s dental technologies provide options beyond dentures and fixed bridges, which still pose some risks.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures
Dentures can become loose and make sounds when eating, and fixed bridges require grinding down healthy adjacent teeth. While these treatments are still safe, dental implants provide better long term results for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are made out of titanium and are fused directly into the jaw bone. They look, feel, and function just like your real teeth and have the added advantage of stimulating the jaw bone which helps to prevent bone loss. Dental implants are also impervious to decay.
Need a Tooth Replacement Procedure? Schedule Your Consultation Today!
If you are looking for a viable tooth replacement procedure, dental implants may be the solution. Schedule your appointment in Toccoa, GA with Dr. Wilbanks today!
Dental Implant Cost
Are You Concerned About Dental Implant Cost? We Offer Flexible Financing!
Replace your missing teeth today!
There are several reasons Dr. Joe Wilbanks might recommend replacing a missing tooth. These include:
- Reduce the risk of bone atrophy
- Strengthen the jaw
- Reduce the risk of teeth shifting
- Prevent further tooth loss
- Eliminate complications associated with bridges and dentures
What factors affect the cost of dental implants?
Several factors contribute to the cost of treatment when you have missing teeth. We can discuss tooth implant cost information during your consultation and provide you with financing options to ensure you get the treatment you need and deserve!
- Number of teeth – If you need several teeth replaced, your cost of treatment will be higher than the average because Dr. Wilbanks will need to spend more time and materials to restore your smile.
- Bone loss – If your teeth have been missing for some time, you may need a bone graft to treat bone loss and provide enough support to accommodate an implant.
- Type of procedure – The cost of different types of tooth replacement procedures, such as single implants, All-on-4™ implant dentures, and implant bridges, varies.
- Sinus lift – Some patients need to have a sinus lift before implants can be placed successfully in the upper molar areas of the mouth.
- Gum disease – If you have an active infection in the mouth or a history of gum disease, you must receive appropriate treatment before we can proceed with a tooth replacement procedure.
- Tooth extractions – Having teeth removed before implants may be necessary, and this can increase your tooth implant cost.
- Being edentulous – If you are missing all of your teeth, you may need multiple dental implants or implant supported dentures, both of which carry different costs.
Get more information about tooth implant cost during your consultation. Schedule your appointment with Dr. Wilbanks in Toccoa, GA today!
Dental Implants vs. Dentures
Many patients with dentures do end up switching to dental implants to enjoy the benefits this tooth replacement procedure offers. Dental implants are designed to look and function just like your real teeth and do not have many of the complications associated with dentures, such as bone loss and slipping in the mouth.
Understanding Bone Loss
Your teeth are very important to your oral health and losing a tooth can do more damage than most people realize. If you are missing even a single tooth, the underlying bone can start to deteriorate and make dentures unstable or uncomfortable. This is one reason dental implants can be more valuable to patients than dentures.
Dentures vs. Dental Implants
Dental implants continue to be some of the most versatile treatment options available for replacing multiple missing teeth. Patients who wear removable dentures can enjoy several benefits by switching to dental implants. Many report a significant improvement in quality of life and do not have to worry about dentures slipping or clicking. Dental implants also look and feel more natural than dentures.
- Titanium Composition: This material is compatible with the body so it integrates easily into the jaw bone.
- Stability: Dental implants are designed to mimic the root and crown of the tooth structure and provide more stability than dentures.
- Replace Multiple Teeth: We can place one or several dental implants to replace any number of missing teeth.
- Long Term Success Rate: Dental implants typically do not need to be replaced, and good oral hygiene practices along with regular exams and cleanings are all the maintenance needed to promote long term success.
- Preserve Jaw Bone: Dental implants stimulate the jaw bone just like your natural teeth and help prevent jaw bone loss.
- Non-compatible Materials: These are made from acrylic, plastic, and metal which can cause gum irritation.
- Instability: Traditional dentures are not typically placed in a fixed location so they have the tendency to move around. This can make it difficult to eat certain types of food and often leads to clicking sounds when eating or talking.
- Replace Some or All Teeth: Dentures can replace some or all missing teeth.
- Replacement: Dentures will need to be relined and replaced over your lifetime as the bone starts to deteriorate.
- Contribute to Bone Loss: Dentures rest on the gums, so there is no jaw bone stimulation. This can lead to bone loss.
What are Immediate Implant Dentures?
The All-on-4™ technique uses four dental implants per arch to support a set of dentures that will restore your smile. Immediate implant dentures can be a viable solution for patients who have low bone density or extensive bone loss. One of the biggest benefits of implant dentures is that you can enjoy results on the same visit.
What are the Benefits of All-on-4™?
All-on-4™ implant dentures are an attractive option for patients who have some degree of bone loss, as they do not typically require a bone grafting procedure. They are an alternative tooth replacement solution that maximizes the use of available bone. Some of the benefits of this procedure include:
- Fast recovery times
- Restores ability to eat and speak again
- Does not require wearing removable appliances
The All-on 4™ Dental Implants Procedure
Before the procedure begins, you will be numbed completely so that you are comfortable throughout the procedure. Dr. Wilbanks will place four dental implants in areas with the highest bone volume and a new or existing denture is then attached as a set of temporary teeth. You will return to our office within three to six months when the implants have fully integrated into the bone, and a final set of teeth can be placed permanently.
This procedure has a very fast recovery time. Implant dentures restore the ability to eat and enjoy a variety of foods and deliver long term results. These types of implant dentures also stabilize bone levels and are easy to take care of with a diligent oral care regimen. The technique boasts a 98.5 percent success rate after four years.
You can enjoy a boost of self-confidence with a new set of teeth and walk out of our office with a brand new smile!
Want to Learn More About Implant Dentures?
Learn more about the benefits of implant dentures by scheduling your consultation in Toccoa, GA with Dr. Wilbanks today.
Single & Multiple Missing Teeth
Dental Implants Act Like Your Natural Teeth!
If you have missing teeth, Dr. Joe Wilbanks may recommend dental implants to restore optimal functioning of the smile. Dental implants are designed to look and function just like your real teeth and do not require extra maintenance.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Getting dental implants to replace missing teeth offers several benefits, including:
- Improving the appearance of your smile
- Filling in gaps
- Boosting self-confidence
- Preserving facial structure
- Stimulating the jaw bone
Many adults lose teeth to tooth decay or periodontal disease and end up needing a tooth replacement procedure. Dr. Wilbanks may recommend single dental implants, partial or full dentures, and dental bridges to replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth.
What are my options for replacing a single tooth?
In most cases, we can replace a single missing tooth with a dental implant. The post of the dental implant is designed to function just like the root of the tooth and the crown is fabricated to look like your real teeth.
The dental bridge is an attractive alternative to dental implants and can be a permanent solution for replacing missing teeth. The bridge is made of three or more crown units and will require adjacent teeth to be ground down.
In some cases, Dr. Wilbanks may recommend a partial denture to replace a missing tooth. Removable dentures are designed with an artificial tooth that is attached to plastic and held to adjacent teeth with resin or metal clasps. While effective, this procedure does not look as natural as implants or bridges.
What are my options for replacing multiple missing teeth?
If you have several missing teeth, Dr. Wilbanks may recommend placing a single dental implant at each site where a tooth is missing. In some cases, dental implants can be used to anchor a dental bridge and are often used to support dentures.
If you have missing teeth and need an effective tooth replacement procedure in Toccoa, GA, we have your solution. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Wilbanks today!